Morning Fruit Salad Recipe
“My best friend made this refreshing salad for lunch one hot summer day,” says Nikki Gaines of Covington, Georgia. “It was so good, I just had to have the recipe. Now I make it every chance I get. It’s always a hit at picnics and church brunches.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups seedless grapes, halved
- 2 small apples, chopped
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1. Drain oranges, reserving 4-1/2 teaspoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and reserved juice.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the oranges, grapes, apples, bananas, coconut, walnuts, cherries and raisins. Divide among serving dishes; drizzle with mayonnaise mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup equals 232 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC