Morning Bread Pudding
"This slightly sweet casserole-for-one is a fun alternative to typical breakfast entrees," says Anne Morrissey of Marshfield, Massachusetts. "It's a snap to prepare in the microwave on a busy morning. And it's yummy served warm or cold for dessert, too."
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 slice bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup diced peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Place bread cubes, apple and raisins in a microwave-safe 2-cup bowl
- coated with cooking spray. In another bowl, whisk together the
- remaining ingredients; pour over bread mixture. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until mixture puffs and bubbles
- around the edges. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 233 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 milk.