Morning Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1 slice bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup diced peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1. Place bread cubes, apple and raisins in a microwave-safe 2-cup bowl coated with cooking spray. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients; pour over bread mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until mixture puffs and bubbles around the edges. Yield: 1 serving.
1 cup: 233 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 milk.