"This slightly sweet casserole-for-one is a fun alternative to typical breakfast entrees," says Anne Morrissey of Marshfield, Massachusetts. "It's a snap to prepare in the microwave on a busy morning. And it's yummy served warm or cold for dessert, too."
Featured In: 32 Awesome Apple Breakfasts
- 1 slice bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup diced peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Place bread cubes, apple and raisins in a microwave-safe 2-cup bowl coated with cooking spray. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients; pour over bread mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until mixture puffs and bubbles around the edges. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Breakfast Bread Pudding in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p46
Reviews for Morning Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2014
"Loved it! Easy and pretty good tasting."