Morning Bread Pudding Recipe
"This slightly sweet casserole-for-one is a fun alternative to typical breakfast entrees," says Anne Morrissey of Marshfield, Massachusetts. "It's a snap to prepare in the microwave on a busy morning. And it's yummy served warm or cold for dessert, too."
- 1 slice bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup diced peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Place bread cubes, apple and raisins in a microwave-safe 2-cup bowl coated with cooking spray. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients; pour over bread mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until mixture puffs and bubbles around the edges. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Breakfast Bread Pudding in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p46
Reviews for Morning Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2014
Loved it! Easy and pretty good tasting.