Morel Mushroom Soup
Some years, we have an abundance of morel mushrooms growing wild on our farm. So, I came up with this recipe. This rich, flavorful soup is a great way to use these rare mushroom.—Geraldine Davenport, Madison, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh morel or other mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle mushrooms with lemon juice. In a saucepan, saute the
- mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour;
- stir well. Gradually add milk, bouillon, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer
- for 10-15 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 198 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.