- 1 pound fresh morel or other mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle mushrooms with lemon juice. In a saucepan, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir well. Gradually add milk, bouillon, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer for 10-15 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Morel Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p57
Reviews for Morel Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 8, 2009
"Thanks for this fantastic recipe, it tastes great and is so easy to make.. Didn't know what to do with the morels, you helped out alot."