Morel Mushroom Ravioli Recipe
- 2/3 ounce dried morel mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups coarsely chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 48 wonton wrappers
- 2 cups pasta sauce of your choice
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1. Place mushrooms in a small bowl; add warm water to cover. Soak 30 minutes or until softened. Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon; rinse and finely chop.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add fresh mushrooms, chopped morels and garlic; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and liquid is evaporated. Stir in cream cheese, Asiago cheese, salt and pepper. Remove from heat; cool.
- 3. Place 1 tablespoon filling in center of each of half of the wonton wrappers. Moisten wrapper edges with water; top with another wrapper. Press around filling to remove air pockets and seal edges. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.)
- 4. In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add ravioli in batches. Reduce heat; simmer gently 1-2 minutes or until ravioli float and wrappers are translucent. Remove with a slotted spoon. Serve with sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
6 ravioli with 1/2 cup sauce: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Morel Mushroom Ravioli
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.