More The Merrier Orange, Fig & Walnut Bars
Orange, fig and walnuts make a bar that’s uniquely different and delicious. Think you can eat just one? —Judy Dalton, Danville, Virginia
36 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package orange cake mix (regular size)
- 1 jar (10 ounces) fig preserves
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, preserves, oil and egg; beat
- on low speed until blended. Stir in walnuts. (Batter will be thick.)
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield:
- 3 dozen.