- 1 boneless moose or beef top sirloin steak (about 1 inch thick and 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- Cut steak into serving-size pieces. Combine the cornstarch, mustard, salt and pepper; rub half over steak. Pound with a meat mallet to tenderize. Rub with remaining cornstarch mixture; pound on both sides with the mallet.
- In a large skillet, brown steak in oil. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with tomatoes, onion and carrot. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forMoose Steak
"This is by far the best tasting moose steak recipe I've had in years. The steaks are as tender as butter! Highly recommend to anyone who eats moose meat. . You will love it."