Moose Steak Recipe
- 1 boneless moose or beef top sirloin steak (about 1 inch thick and 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- Cut steak into serving-size pieces. Combine the cornstarch, mustard, salt and pepper; rub half over steak. Pound with a meat mallet to tenderize. Rub with remaining cornstarch mixture; pound on both sides with the mallet.
- In a large skillet, brown steak in oil. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with tomatoes, onion and carrot. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Moose Steak in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p37
Reviews for Moose Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review