Moose Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound ground moose meat
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- Hot cooked wide egg noodles
- 1. In a bowl, combine meat, egg, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, salt, pepper and onion. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil. Cover and cook over low heat until the meatballs are done, about 10 minutes.
- 2. In a saucepan, stir vinegar and remaining cornstarch until smooth. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to equal 1-1/2 cups stir into vinegar mixture. Add sugar and soy sauce; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Add the meatballs, pineapple and green pepper; cook until heated through and the green pepper is tender. Serve over noodles. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Editor's Note: If moose meat isn't available in your area, ground beef can be substituted.
6 each: 375 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 916mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Moose Meatballs
"It's a delicious and flavorful way to use ground moose meat. This recipe is good served over rice or noodles. I would definitely make it again."