- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate sauce
- Chopped nuts
- In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Spread on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. jelly roll pan. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Cool but do not prick, leaving surface with its "moon-like" appearance.
- Meanwhile, for filling, beat pudding and milk until thick. Add cream cheese; blend well. Spread on crust; refrigerate 20 minutes. Top with whipped topping. Drizzle chocolate sauce over top and sprinkle with nuts. Yield: about 15 servings.
Originally published as Moon Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p91
Reviews for Moon Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2013
"This is an amazing dessert def a crowd pleaser....."
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2011
"Cream puff in a pan! Have made this lots and leftovers are rare. May want to beat the softened cream cheese and then mix in the thickened pudding mixture."