I have six grandchildren and this is one of their favorite desserts. If I don't take it to potlucks, I hear lots of groans! Everyone wants the recipe after they've tried it.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate sauce
- Chopped nuts
- In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Spread on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. jelly roll pan. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Cool but do not prick, leaving surface with its "moon-like" appearance.
- Meanwhile, for filling, beat pudding and milk until thick. Add cream cheese; blend well. Spread on crust; refrigerate 20 minutes. Top with whipped topping. Drizzle chocolate sauce over top and sprinkle with nuts. Yield: about 15 servings.
Originally published as Moon Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p91
Reviews for Moon Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review