Moo Shu Sloppy Joes Recipe
Asian-style sloppy joes made with hoisin sauce, barbecue sauce and coleslaw mix are a nice change from the ordinary! —Mike Tchou, Pepper Pike, Ohio
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, barbecue sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and salt until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until crisp-tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add coleslaw mix; stir to coat. Spoon meat mixture into the center of each tortilla; top with onion mixture. Roll up tightly. Yield: 4 servings.
2 wraps equals 454 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,387 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Moo Shu Sloppy Joes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC