- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, barbecue sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and salt until blended; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until crisp-tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add coleslaw mix; stir to coat. Spoon meat mixture into the center of each tortilla; top with onion mixture. Roll up tightly. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Moo Shu Sloppy Joes(4)
Sort By :
Fantastic! Only thing I did differently was to add a sprinkle of fine crispy rice noodles! Can't wait to prepare again!
Yes, I agree, this is a keeper! It is so simple to prepare for such a tasty dish. I can't wait to munch on these again.
This was simply fabulous...we loved it. It is a very easy recipe and the taste is divine! We will be making this again~
May I just say "YUM!" My husband and I both loved these. I cooked the onions and peppers in with the beef to save a little time.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Sloppy Joe Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >