With so many awesome veggies out there, I'm always playing around with the ingredients in these sandwiches. Sometimes I add extra protein, too—chicken, shrimp, pork, beef and tofu all work. Check for Sriracha and hoisin sauces in the Asian or international foods section of your grocery store. —Athena Russell, Florence, South Carolina
- 4 teaspoons sesame or canola oil, divided
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 6 green onions, sliced
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add coleslaw mix, garlic and ginger; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until slaw is crisp-tender. In a small bowl, mix vinegar, soy sauce and chili sauce; add to pan. Stir in sprouts and eggs; heat through.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce over each tortilla to within 1/4 in. of edges. Layer with 1/2 cup vegetable mixture and about 1 tablespoon green onion. Roll up tightly. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Moo Shu Mushroom Wraps in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Reviews for Moo Shu Mushroom Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review