Monterey Turkey Omelet
Our home economists use deli turkey, onion, garlic and green pepper to give a tasteful twist to a sunrise staple. The cheese-topped omelet looks special enough for company but leaves brunch hosts plenty of time to relax.
2-3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli smoked turkey, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, green pepper and garlic
- in 2 tablespoons butter until vegetables are tender. Remove and keep
- warm. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and water. Pour into skillet; cook over
- medium heat. As eggs set, lift the edges, letting uncooked portion
- flow underneath. When eggs are nearly set, spoon turkey mixture over
- half of the omelet. Fold omelet over filling. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 2-3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 367 calories, 28 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 487 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.