Monterey Turkey Omelet Recipe
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli smoked turkey, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, green pepper and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until vegetables are tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter.
- 2. In a bowl, beat the eggs and water. Pour into skillet; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift the edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are nearly set, spoon turkey mixture over half of the omelet. Fold omelet over filling. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 367 calories, 28 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 487 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Monterey Turkey Omelet
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.