I'm a working mother with two young boys. Our family leads a very active life, so I make a lot of casseroles. It's so nice to have a hearty, nutritious side dish the kids will eat. Topped with cheese and french-fried onions, this tasty casserole is a hit at our house.
-Janet Hibler, Cameron, Missouri
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- medium bowl, beat egg. Add sour cream, Parmesan cheese and garlic
- powder. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture with Monterey Jack
- cheese, spinach and half of the onions. Pour into a greased 2-qt.
- baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until
- heated though. Top with remaining onions; return to the oven for 5
- minutes or until onions are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 311 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.