I'm a working mother with two young boys. Our family leads a very active life, so I make a lot of casseroles. It's so nice to have a hearty, nutritious side dish the kids will eat. Topped with cheese and french-fried onions, this tasty casserole is a hit at our house. -Janet Hibler, Cameron, Missouri
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat egg. Add sour cream, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture with Monterey Jack cheese, spinach and half of the onions. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated though. Top with remaining onions; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Monterey Spaghetti in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p29
Reviews for Monterey Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review