- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat egg. Add sour cream, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture with Monterey Jack cheese, spinach and half of the onions. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated though. Top with remaining onions; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Monterey Spaghetti
"This was very easy to make and enjoyed by everyone in my family. I did make a couple slight changes by adding 1/4 cup of milk to the sour cream, cheese mixture. I also added the French fried onions to just the top of the dish. Adding shredded rotisserie chicken would also be a great addition!"
"This was not good. This was way Too dry, sour cream curdled after baking, too much canned fried onions taste... ended up dumping the whole pan."
"Tastes much like my favorite meal growing up in western Ohio. Too bland for my NY-raised husband. My 88 year old father loved it!"
"Excellent! Very tasty ... The picture of Janet's recipe inspired me to make it -- and it didn't disappoint. I made it as a main dish (4 servings). It was recently published in the September 2016 issue of TOH's "Casseroles, slow cooker & Soups" publication. It's a keeper! Thank you, Janet."
"Use a bag of fresh baby spinach leaves in place of the frozen chopped spinach. Add to pasta just before it's done. Otherwise, excellent dish!"
"we'll be at our kids this weekend for dinner and they said "bring a side". I'm bringin "THIS". this is gonna be a huge hit with the kids as there's nothin on the ingredient list we don't love-YEAH! thanks for sharing"
"Both my Nephew and I love preparing this recipe just as it is and have been making it since it first appeared in Taste of Home, just can't imagine changing a thing. A wonderful side dish that has not only become a family favorite but something we are proud to serve our guest or take to Church Dinners."
"I have had this recipe for years and has always been one of my favorites. This size casserole just isn't enough to feed 5. I guess if I want some next time, I'm going to have to double the recipe."