Monterey Sausage Pie Recipe
It's a snap to make this dish using baking mix. I got the idea from a similar recipe with hamburger and cheddar cheese. That version was too bland for my family, but I made a few changes, and this is a hit! —Bonnie Marlow, Ottoville, Ohio
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, red pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in 2 cups cheese. Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the milk, eggs, biscuit mix, sage and pepper. Pour over sausage mixture.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 361 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 609 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC