Monterey Ranch Bread
"This rich, cheesy loaf is a quick-and-easy addition to any meal," writes Shirley Privratsky of Dickinson, North Dakota. Or serve it as an appealing appetizer for a casual get-together.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing with bacon
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine 2 cups (8 oz.) cheese and 3/4 cup salad
- dressing with bacon; set aside. Cut 1 loaf (1 lb.) French bread in
- half lengthwise; brush with 2 Tbsp. melted butter. Broil 4 in. from
- heat on baking sheets until golden brown. Spread with cheese
- mixture. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Sprinkle with minced fresh parsley. Serves 8. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 382 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.