"This rich, cheesy loaf is a quick-and-easy addition to any meal," writes Shirley Privratsky of Dickinson, North Dakota. Or serve it as an appealing appetizer for a casual get-together.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing with bacon
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine 2 cups (8 oz.) cheese and 3/4 cup salad dressing with bacon; set aside. Cut 1 loaf (1 lb.) French bread in half lengthwise; brush with 2 Tbsp. melted butter. Broil 4 in. from heat on baking sheets until golden brown. Spread with cheese mixture. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with minced fresh parsley. Serves 8. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Monterey Ranch Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p8
Reviews for Monterey Ranch Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review