Buttery quiches filled with fresh vegetables and a blend of eggs and cheese are perfect for chilly fall days. And Pam Pressly’s version is no exception. The Beachwood, Ohio reader relies on eggs, butter and Monterrey Jack cheese to give the dish rich flavor and a light texture.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 unbaked deep-dish pastry shells (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour into
- pastry shells.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30
- minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 quiches (6
- servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 452 calories, 32 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 239 mg cholesterol, 692 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.