Monterey Quiche Recipe
- 10 eggs
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 unbaked deep-dish pastry shells (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour into pastry shells.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 quiches (6 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Monterey Quiche(2)
Sort By :
This review is somewhat mixed. The texture of this quiche was perfect, and it was so simple. However, we thought it was lacking in flavor. Maybe it just needed more salt, but I was thinking pepper jack cheese might kick it up a bit.
I served this quiche to my book club and they loved it. Delicious and easy to prepare.
A real winner.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >