Monterey Quiche Recipe
Buttery quiches filled with fresh vegetables and a blend of eggs and cheese are perfect for chilly fall days. And Pam Pressly’s version is no exception. The Beachwood, Ohio reader relies on eggs, butter and Monterrey Jack cheese to give the dish rich flavor and a light texture.
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 unbaked deep-dish pastry shells (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour into pastry shells.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 quiches (6 servings each).
Originally published as Monterey Quiche in Light & Tasty
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Monterey Quiche(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2012
I served this quiche to my book club and they loved it. Delicious and easy to prepare.
A real winner.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >