Monterey Jack Meatballs Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 block (4 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 20 portions and shape each portion around a cheese cube.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Add spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 20 meatballs.
1 serving (4 each) equals 436 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 954 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.