- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 block (4 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 20 portions and shape each portion around a cheese cube.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Add spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 20 meatballs.
Originally published as Monterey Jack Meatballs in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p32
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Monterey Jack Meatballs(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review