Monterey Green Beans
This side dish is a delicious way to dress up green beans.—Sandra McKenzie, Braham, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add the
- beans, mushrooms, lemon-pepper and salt. Cover and cook over medium
- heat for 5 minutes or until beans are tender. Sprinkle with cheese;
- cover and let stand for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 106 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.