Monterey Green Beans Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add the beans, mushrooms, lemon-pepper and salt. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until beans are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 106 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Monterey Green Beans
"My husband will sure be surprised; making for Sunday Dinner. He loves anything and everything with cheese. Have feeling he'll devour these!"
"This was a very good side dish and an excellent change to green beans. I do not care a lot for mushrooms but my family does and devoured these, thus the 4 stars instead of 5. I could eat them & enjoyed the change. May try them next time without the mushrooms. I did not have Monterey Jack cheese on hand so I used Swiss instead. It worked very well."
"I made this recipe with items I had on hand, using frozen french-style green beans, fresh mushrooms, sliced regular onion, and cheddar cheese. It was very good and I will definitely make it again."