Monterey Corn Bake Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add the mushrooms, red pepper, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the corn, mushroom mixture, cheese and brown sugar; repeat layers.
- 3. Melt the remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over casserole.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 359 calories, 22g fat (15g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Monterey Corn Bake
"We added a rotisserie chicken breast, cubed, to the layers. This made four 2 cup main dish servings. If we served it to guests, we would definitely double it."
"Although I enjoyed the recipe, my guests that I served it to didn't say anything about it. I would make it again, but probably not for a party."
"Loved the mixture of tastes and texture. To the individual who was confused about the brown sugar - recipe says to layer half of the ingredients, meaning you put 1 tsp. of brown sugar on each of the two layers."
"I'm confused about what to do with the brown sugar. The recipe only calls for 2 teaspoons, so it doesn't make sense to me that it would be layered with the cheese. Any corrections?"
"It was good but needed chicken or something on the side. this is more for side dish"