Monterey Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- 2 cooked bacon strips
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a greased baking sheet.
- 2. Top each with barbecue sauce, bacon and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato and chives. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 246 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 658 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Monterey Chicken
"Very quick to put together. I double the recipe and make a couple without the BBQ sauce and everybody gets what they want. Great blend of flavors."
"This is such a quick and easy recipe, and my husband loves the addition of bacon, and I love the honey bbq sauce we add."
"My family really likes this. It is regular in our house."
"Delicious, I've made this many times. I prefer to chop the bacon smaller when I put it on, and use fresh green onion so I can taste the onion more though."
"Quick and easy, the chicken was juicy and tender also! It's a keeper!"
"We all enjoyed this chicken and gave it high marks. It will definitely be a repeat dish for our family."