Monterey Chicken Recipe
As colorful as spring itself, Crystal Heese’s tender and tasty chicken entree is sure to become a popular supper standby. “It’s been my husband’s favorite meal since before we were married,” she writes from Quitman, Texas.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- 2 cooked bacon strips
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a greased baking sheet.
- 2. Top each with barbecue sauce, bacon and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato and chives. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 246 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 658 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC