As colorful as spring itself, Crystal Heese’s tender and tasty chicken entree is sure to become a popular supper standby. “It’s been my husband’s favorite meal since before we were married,” she writes from Quitman, Texas.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- 2 cooked bacon strips
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a greased baking sheet.
- Top each with barbecue sauce, bacon and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato and chives. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Monterey Chicken in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p23
Reviews for Monterey Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review