Monterey Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 4 bacon strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. Drain drippings from skillet; cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Top each chicken breast with the barbecue sauce, green onions, tomato and two reserved bacon pieces; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 318 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein
Reviews for Monterey Barbecued Chicken
"My family enjoyed this recipe. It was very good and the flavors all worked well together. I omitted the green onions because I didn't have them around but the next time I make this recipe I will definitely be using them to give it the added flavor, though it didn't really need it!"
"so tasty and quick! a picky eaters dream!"
"This was so easy and tasty too! I loved all the flavors together and think the green onions just set it all off perfectly! I will make this repeatedly!"
"Family loved this!!"
"this is delicous!the bacon gives it a nice smoky flavor."