Monterey Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 4 bacon strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. Drain drippings from skillet; cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Top each chicken breast with the barbecue sauce, green onions, tomato and two reserved bacon pieces; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 318 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Monterey Barbecued Chicken
"My family enjoyed this recipe. It was very good and the flavors all worked well together. I omitted the green onions because I didn't have them around but the next time I make this recipe I will definitely be using them to give it the added flavor, though it didn't really need it!"
"so tasty and quick! a picky eaters dream!"
"This was so easy and tasty too! I loved all the flavors together and think the green onions just set it all off perfectly! I will make this repeatedly!"
"Family loved this!!"
"this is delicous!the bacon gives it a nice smoky flavor."