- 4 slices sourdough or multigrain bread
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Top two slices of bread with a slice of cheese each; layer each with 1/4 cup artichokes, 1/4 cup spinach, two tomato slices and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread. Spread butter over outside of sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Monterey Artichoke Panini
"Very Good! I also used marinated artichokes because that is what I had. I think the flavor helped enhance the sandwich"
"This was very good. The only difference I made was to use marinated artichokes because that is what I had on hand."
"This looks so good. I am hungry."
"We love this recipe. Most times we add a dash of our favorite Italian dressing on the artichokes, but the recipe is great on its own!"