Monterey Artichoke Panini Recipe
- 4 slices sourdough or multigrain bread
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1. On two slices of bread, layer a slice of cheese, artichokes, spinach, two slices of tomato and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread. Spread butter on outsides of sandwiches.
- 2. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 416 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 855mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Monterey Artichoke Panini
"Yummy and quick! I used marinated artichokes and the sourdough bread. I don't have a panini maker or grill, so toasted it in a non-stick skillet on the stove, which worked out fine. We loved it and definitely have it again."
"Very Good! I also used marinated artichokes because that is what I had. I think the flavor helped enhance the sandwich"
"This was very good. The only difference I made was to use marinated artichokes because that is what I had on hand."
"This looks so good. I am hungry."
"We love this recipe. Most times we add a dash of our favorite Italian dressing on the artichokes, but the recipe is great on its own!"