Monterey Artichoke Panini Recipe
Looking for a unique, new sandwich idea? This wonderful combination of cheese, artichokes, spinach and tomatoes will have you smacking your lips. "It's wonderful," attests Jean Ecos of Hartland, Wisconsin.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 4 slices sourdough or multigrain bread
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1. On two slices of bread, layer a slice of cheese, artichokes, spinach, two slices of tomato and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread. Spread butter on outsides of sandwiches.
- 2. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 416 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 855 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC