Looking for a unique, new sandwich idea? This wonderful combination of cheese, artichokes, spinach and tomatoes will have you smacking your lips. "It's wonderful," attests Jean Ecos of Hartland, Wisconsin.
- 4 slices sourdough or multigrain bread
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- On two slices of bread, layer a slice of cheese, artichokes, spinach, two slices of tomato and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread. Spread butter on outsides of sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Monterey Artichoke Panini in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p37
Reviews for Monterey Artichoke Panini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review