Montego Bay Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 can (11.3 ounces) mango nectar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 medium mango, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 habanero pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 11 ingredients; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Meanwhile, combine salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings (1-3/4 cups salsa).
1 pork chop with about 3 tablespoons salsa equals 184 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Montego Bay Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.