Montego Bay Chicken
You don't need high-fat ingredients to make this grilled chicken taste good. The marinade both flavors and tenderizes the meat. —Julie De Matteo, Clementon, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, juice,
- sugar, garlic, hot pepper sauce, extract and ginger; add chicken.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil;
- using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill
- chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 138 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.