- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, juice, sugar, garlic, hot pepper sauce, extract and ginger; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Montego Bay Chicken
Sort By :
"Not Crazy about the flavors."
"My husband and I really liked this. I marinated my chicken for about 5 hours. I couldn't find my hot sauce so that ingredient was left out and I substituted brandy extract for the rum because that's what I had. I was juicy and flavorful. I will definitely make again!"
"I 'cheated' and used thighs and legs ... took the skin off and it was EXCELLENT; however would be easier to eat with BNLS chicken"
"Very nice flavor! I marinated the chicken for about 4 hours... it turned out great. Very easy. Will definitely make this again."