- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, juice, sugar, garlic, hot pepper sauce, extract and ginger; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Montego Bay Chicken
"Not Crazy about the flavors."
"My husband and I really liked this. I marinated my chicken for about 5 hours. I couldn't find my hot sauce so that ingredient was left out and I substituted brandy extract for the rum because that's what I had. I was juicy and flavorful. I will definitely make again!"
"I 'cheated' and used thighs and legs ... took the skin off and it was EXCELLENT; however would be easier to eat with BNLS chicken"
"Very nice flavor! I marinated the chicken for about 4 hours... it turned out great. Very easy. Will definitely make this again."
"Heather 91286 If you read carefully, you will see brown sugar is the ingredient listed after the juice and that is the sugar they are referring to in the directions."
"The recipe directions state there is sugar in this recipe but it's not included in the ingredients."