- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, juice, sugar, garlic, hot pepper sauce, extract and ginger; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Montego Bay Chicken
Sort By :
I 'cheated' and used thighs and legs ... took the skin off and it was EXCELLENT; however would be easier to eat with BNLS chicken
Very nice flavor! I marinated the chicken for about 4 hours... it turned out great. Very easy. Will definitely make this again.
it as really good. But next time, I want to save some of the marinated from the chicken, cook it to kill any bacteria from the chicken, and sprinkle it over the chicken when it's done grilling, before serving. When I grilled the chicken I lost some of the flavor of the marinated.
This is so flavorful. I am not good at
the charcoal grill, so I broiled it. I like to
serve it with Curried Pineapple Rice (Quick
Cooking), steamed broccoli, and Cocunut
Cream Pie (Quick Cooking) or Broiled
Bananas a la Mode (Taste of Home).