These classic creations are bound to please even the biggest sandwich fan. Plus, they come together quickly with deli meats, packaged sliced cheese and bottled salad dressing.—Debbie Brunssen, Randolph, Nebraska
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 slices white bread
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing and Dijon mustard; spread over one side of each slice of bread. On four slices, layer the turkey, ham and Swiss cheese; top with remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, cream and ground mustard. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture.
- On a griddle or large skillet, melt butter. Toast sandwiches over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown. Serve with preserves. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Monte Cristos in Country Woman July/August 2005, p37
Reviews for Monte Cristos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review