- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and peppers over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, tomato juice, jalapenos, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Montana Wildfire Chili in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p12
Reviews for Montana Wildfire Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2012
"Tastes just like Grandma's use to make"