- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and peppers over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, tomato juice, jalapenos, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Montana Wildfire Chili in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p12
Reviews for Montana Wildfire Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2012
"Tastes just like Grandma's use to make"