Montana Mountain Muffins
These coffee flavored muffins are wonderful for either breakfast or just a snack. No matter when you serve them, they won't last long.David Wallace-Menard, Shepherd, Montana
60 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole bran cereal
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups cold coffee
- 2 cups milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups raisins
- In a large bowl, stir together the first six ingredients. Combine the
- remaining ingredients; add to the dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. Batter will
- keep for several weeks.
- When ready to bake, stir batter and fill greased muffin tins
- two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until muffins a
- toothpick comes out clean. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 145 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium,