Montana Mountain Muffins Recipe
These coffee flavored muffins are wonderful for either breakfast or just a snack. No matter when you serve them, they won't last long.David Wallace-Menard, Shepherd, Montana
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole bran cereal
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups cold coffee
- 2 cups milk
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups raisins
- In a large bowl, stir together the first six ingredients. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. Batter will keep for several weeks.
- When ready to bake, stir batter and fill greased muffin tins two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until muffins a toothpick comes out clean. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Montana Mountain Muffins in Reminisce July/August 1992, p39
Reviews for Montana Mountain Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review