- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup M&M's
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add baking soda and vanilla. Add oats, M&M's, butterscotch chips and peanuts; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in flour (the dough will be crumbly).
- Shape 1/4 cupfuls into balls. Place on greased baking sheets, about nine cookies on each sheet. Gently flatten cookies. Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Monster Cookies
Sort By :
"These are a hit, and I've made them a few times. One note: don't use crunch peanut butter. I did that recently but it seemed to make the cookies "dry.""
"These were a big hit at my baby's dedication gathering! I've renamed "Many Blessings" cookies cause they are packed with lots of good things! Only alternation to the recipe I made was I did not add the peanuts cause I don't like nuts in stuff. So, instead of peanuts, I put in 1 cup of white choc chips. :o) They were a hit!"
"NO flavor...they were soooo bland. I followed the recipe exactly. Put them in airtight container overnight, next day they were as hard as a rock. SOOO disappointing!"
"These are good, very peanut & peanut buttery. They aren't super sweet as far as cookies go. We made them 1/2 as big as the recipe says since our kids are smaller. Easier to handle if you put a few drops of water on your palms every 5 cookies or so."
"Very good recipe. Will make again"