- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and nuts. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned and center is set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Monster Chip Cookies
"Made these today and they are so good. I chose to make them about tablespoon size and baked them at 350° for about 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Nice and chewy and will make again"
"I also put in 36oz of chocolate chips and omit the nuts. Delicious!"
"The best cookie recipe! I get asked to make these cookies all the time. The big difference that everyone talks about is the cinnamon is these cookies. My go to chocolate chip cookie recipe!"
"awesome cookie recipe. raves above toll-house recipe."
"Delicious--the cinnamon is like a subtle secret ingredient."