Monster Chip Cookies Recipe
Judy Mabrey, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, shares these treats with "monsters" who ring her doorbell on Halloween. She also gives them as Christmas gifts.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:18 servings
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and nuts. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned and center is set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 614 calories, 36 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 412 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC