- 8 to 10 medium apples
- 8 to 10 wooden sticks
- 32 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 squares (1 ounce each) white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup orange and brown sprinkles
- Wash and thoroughly dry apples; insert a wooden stick into each. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; chill. Place cookie crumbs in a shallow dish; set aside.
- In a heavy 3-qt. saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, milk and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 248° (firm-ball stage) on a candy thermometer, about 30-40 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Dip each apple into hot caramel mixture to completely coat, then dip the bottom in cookie crumbs, pressing lightly to adhere. Return to baking sheet to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Transfer to a small plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Drizzle coating over apples. Decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Monster Caramel Apples
"Ended up tasting ok but coating is hard to work with and even worse to clean up. Tasted like brown sugar instead of caramel. Next time I will try one of the caramel recipes that uses actual caramels."
"Very Very Good!!!"
"This is the best recipie EVER!! My Brother &his Wife have a MOM & POP grocery store. They wanted me to make some caramel apples in the store kitchen. These do not last long on the counter. I also dip them in cashews,& honey roasted peanuts.to the store."
"My family absolutely loved these apples and yes, I would definitely make them again....they're delicious."