Monogrammed Cookies Recipe
Mint and lime zest bring fresh flavor to these crisp sugar cookies. For a fun shower dessert, we adorned the tops with the bride's monogram.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- ROYAL ICING:
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- Paste food coloring
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk, mint, lime peel and extracts. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For icing, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and meringue powder; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat on high for 4-5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Tint as desired with food coloring. (Keep unused icing covered at all times with a damp cloth. If necessary, beat again on high speed to restore texture.)
- 4. Frost and decorate cookies as desired. For writing, use round pastry tip #1 or #2. Let dry at room temperature for several hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 117 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Monogrammed Cookies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC