- Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart
- on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or
- until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water
- and meringue powder; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat on
- high for 4-5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Tint as desired with
- food coloring. (Keep unused icing covered at all times with a damp
- cloth. If necessary, beat again on high speed to restore texture.)
- Frost and decorate cookies as desired. For writing, use round pastry
- tip #1 or #2. Let dry at room temperature for several hours or until
- firm. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 117 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.