- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the bananas, peanut butter, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Monkey Muffins
Sort By :
"Super Delicious! I left out the chocolate chips because I didn't have any and used extra crunchy peanut butter. I added a pinch of cinnamon but other than that I followed the recipe exactly. Very fluffy. Living on Maui we always have bananas so I freeze really ripe mashed in sandwich bags that hold about a cup. Works great. Mahalo for sharing."
"Delicious! I made them as jumbo muffins and I got 7 from the recipe. I, too, used regular chocolate chips because I didn't have any miniature chips and I used about 1-1/2 cups banana because I had two overrippe bananas on the counter!"
"We really like this recipe! I take it to brunches or just make it for the family. We have a severe peanut allergy so i substitute soy or almond butters. Sunbutter as a substitute will turn them green.... just in case anyone wonders!"
"Just made these & this recipe is a keeper!!!!"