- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the bananas, peanut butter, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Monkey Muffins
Sort By :
"Fabulous. I've been making them for 3 years, my 3 small children love them, we make them all the time! We don't even add the sugar on top, they are awesome without it. We've made them in mini muffin tins and regular muffin size. So glad I came across this recipe."
"We love these! I make them as directed but with half whole wheat flour."
"The first time I made this I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out fabulous! My husband and son gobbled these up. The next time I got a little adventurous and added more peanut butter and banana and added some oats (3/4 cup peanut butter, 4 mushed bananas, and 3/4 cup oats). It was PERFECT. I also topped them with brown sugar instead of regular sugar. I will DEFINITELY bake these again."
"Super Delicious! I left out the chocolate chips because I didn't have any and used extra crunchy peanut butter. I added a pinch of cinnamon but other than that I followed the recipe exactly. Very fluffy. Living on Maui we always have bananas so I freeze really ripe mashed in sandwich bags that hold about a cup. Works great. Mahalo for sharing."
"Delicious! I made them as jumbo muffins and I got 7 from the recipe. I, too, used regular chocolate chips because I didn't have any miniature chips and I used about 1-1/2 cups banana because I had two overrippe bananas on the counter!"